Friday, February 11, 2011

Have you heard of the no child left behind act? Well, I have but I am not even sure what that really means. Shouldn't some children if they are just having a hard time with the subjects be held back to catch up? We live in a society with all kids of different levels of people. We all can't be a brain surgeon. However, if you borrow me your MD books and some tools, I will be glad to work on the brain of whoever wants a little surgery.
So, Tyler has been doing some tutoring to prepare for the ISAT tests. Do I really care about tests? Teach them not test them all the time.
Well, I get some helpful information on how to make sure that the child gets enough sleep and eats a good breakfast to prepare for the tests.
It basically says that the ISAT tests to to make teachers accountable for their students learning? How are we making them accountable if we don't hold any students back? If the teacher is being forced to pass a student when they are not ready I don't see how they are really being allowed to be looking into the best interest of the child.

No comments: