Monday, October 4, 2010

The more that I go volunteer for Meld, the more that I just fall in love with this program. With the Mom's, with the kids and just the idea behind it. Don't get freaked out. Maybe falling in love in a funny way. It's my passion. I don't think that young parent has to mean adoption. Or young parent has to mean that they are bad parents. Meld is providing so much help to these Mom's. It's the help that they're family couldn't or wouldn't give.
Tonight, I have a heavy heart. One of the Mom's was found dead with a man in a van. We are not sure if it's a Mom from the Monday night group but one of the Mom's was a no show and there was a lot of people outside her house. If it's the Mom that I am thinking. She had two son. Both of the children are black and one has beautiful blue eyes. I just keep seeing his blue eyes appear into my mind and when I think how he will cry for Mom and Mom won't come. It makes me sad. It makes me mad. Both these babies are young enough to never have any memories of Mom. Why do people do these things? I am just too soft of a person. I am crying over a girl that I didn't know. I maybe seen her a few times. Like, I said, it might not be one that I met. But it's the same. When I think that this girl is someone's Mom, daughter, sister or friend and poof she is dead. It's not in the news yet. Sometimes, I think people don't care because it's just a black girl. Black, white, mexican, or purple. I don't care. It's a life of a young women and a man. When I think how it could be my sons and daughters who's life could be snuffed out. It makes me sick. I know I didn't raise Ashley but it wouldn't change my horror if something happened to her. Or the horrors of how drastic life would change if someone snuffed out Will's or Tyler's life or Jen or Gary or Amiah. I hope whoever did it gets what they deserve.

No comments: