Sunday, October 30, 2011

I hope I don't get any kind of trouble blogging about my client. I won't name anything specific so gonna just risk it with that.  Tonight, my client was laying around being sleepy and I really wanted to find a way to get her to wake up and do something other than sleep.
It took about an hour for her to get up to walk her dog and then I suggested we go out to eat for dinner. She seemed very open to the idea and I named a pasta place and she agreed. My company's policy is that she pays for my meal but since I asked it just didn't feel right so I went knowing that I would pay for my own. If she had asked then I could stick to the policy but I don't want anyone thinking I was taking advantage of her. I was looking out for her best interest and that was all.
We had a nice dinner at the pasta place and went home very full. I can't afford to pay for my own but I just can't get past the feeling that clients feel that paying for a client is a royal pain in the ass. It feels more like friends if the friend can pay her/his own way. I think that is part of my issue with how I do my job as a caregiver. I want to feel more like a friend than a worker. Not that I don't work and earn my money but just feel like we enjoy each other's company compared to just being stuck with each other.

Don't know if I made a lot of sense. It's late. I should get to sleep.

No comments: