Saturday, August 13, 2011

I read in the rrstar that at Davis park there was going to be some fun stuff and school supplies given to families that need them. So, cause we are pretty broke lately, I decided we would go. I felt a little bad about it because I know there are people who are worse off than us.

We went down there and there were tons of people. I wondered if they had enough to go around. The amount of people there was kind of sad. It shows just how poor our community is getting to be. There was all kinds of people. Sometimes, when you think of people who need that kind of help I know it's wrong but I tend to think more of black people. Sorry, if that offends anyone. Well, there was of all races down there getting the book bags and supplies. To top it off it started to rain. So, everyone is crammed together trying to stay dry. We managed to get our stuff pretty fast cause Tad heard that they said people didn't have to wait in line.

All in all it wasn't a lot of stuff. But it's a start. Normally, all I have to worry about is school supplies and maybe a book bag and if he is lucky one or two new things because I don't normally buy all his clothes at once.  This year, I have to buy school informs. I am thinking about four of five complete sets. I have to get him gym uniforms and whatever is on his list. 




No comments: