Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My granddaughter

Thank you for using Picture and Video Messaging by U.S. Cellular. See www.uscellular.com for info.

Some people give me strange looks when I say I have a granddaughter. I guess it's cause I am pretty young. I hate getting into it all about how this is our second marriage and Amiah is my step daughter's daughter. It makes me feel like only half of a Grandma or something. But to pretend otherwise wouldn't be fair to Amiah's Grandmother by birth.

Well, anyways, I love being a Grandma to her. In this picture, she is near her teddy bear that I got for her and sitting on Charlie our dog. Earlier, she is playing with him and teasing him with a ball that he wanted. She was giggling up a storm. I am so lucky to have this opportunity to have Amiah with my husband and me during the day while her Mom and Dad work.

I love doing things with Amiah. Last Saturday, she had a pony ride and played around on the playground and looked at the animals. Monday, I took her to Mc'Donald's for some breakfast. She stole my hash brown but I was gonna share anyways. Today, Tad, Amiah and I went for a long walk around the neighborhood. We found some cool spots around the river for camping. I don't think that used to be there. We let Ann walk without the leash. It was a blast. Amiah is so much fun to have around.  This morning, I made her a breakfast burrito out of scrambled eggs, tomato and cheese. She ate up almost every bite. She must been hungry from the walking we did.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You are an awesome Grandma to Amiah and she absolutely loves being over there with you guys. I do miss her while I'm working but I'm extremely lucky to have her staying with people that truly love her. :)