Sunday, December 20, 2009

I am good at what I do

My little brother called me today. He received a call from someone looking for me. He has my old number. So, I call the person and it was Bob's son. He was informing me of his Dad's passing and I admit I didn't contact him, because I just don't know what to say. So, anyways, he was calling to ask me a favor. He asked me to help Sandy get ready for the funeral and to be there for the lunch at the club. They asked me because I was one of the favorites and probably because I was with them a long time. He offered to pay me, but I really don't care about that part. I feel so honored to help. Also, the good news is that when someone told me that Sandy's mind was gone, it wasn't true. She is doing well in the nursing home.
I admit after losing them as clients, I stayed my distance. I did talk to Bob about a month ago and let him know that I was thinking of him. The loss of them in my daily life was really hard. I am still a caregiver and do a good job, but I am trying not to get so close. It's hard, because the elderly so great. I can't help but have a good time. I have been told that I bring humor. I make them laugh.

No comments: