Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The event that I mentioned to raise money for the couple that lost their house is at the Eagles club. Only five dollars a person. I would go if I wasn't working.
I wanted to respond to the comment about giving money away to the insurance company. I agree but only in a small way. I have car insurance. Thank you husband. I have x amount of dollars a month, but I don't have enough to buy someone a new car should I have an accident and it be my fault. I could be sued and lose my right to drive. I wouldn't want to go to jail, because I got caught. So it is like giving money away until you screw up. However, when you do. It pays.

Now, on to home owners insurance. I think I pay a grand or a little more to insure my house per year. . If I am lucky, I will never have a fire or something else come wipe my house away. I love my house and the feeling that I own part of America. After 15 years, I would have paid almost 150, 000 . Ouch! Renters would be paying about the same but maybe less.

If something should destroy my house and I have no insurance to cover all my things and my house. Guess what? I still owe money for my house. Not only have I lost all my stuff. Bye Bye dolls. But I have nothing. I guess I should say that we should just be happy to be alive, but anyone gonna let us live with them? How bad would it suck to lose everything and have everyone hounding you for money. Not good.

Now for renters. There is renter's insurance. I don't think landlords have to cover your losses should something happen. However, the reason I say that home owners insurance is more important is because with some money you can get a new place to live and move on a lot easier than a home owner could. I have never been in a home fire or something else that wiped me out, so I am talking what I think it might be like.

Just for the record, the number that I mentioned is for everything. That's the taxes, insurance, principal and interest. Also, a home warranty. I got a new furnace, because I was smart enough to keep the warranty.

I just think that the big difference between renting and home ownership is that renting you know that you are throwing your money away. You pay to stay there and that is all you get. If you own your own home, someday, your property has a cash value to it. I am trying to put anyone down for renting. I did it and really just wanted more.

However, for me. Protecting my home makes me feel good. I don't want my children to bounce around from place to place. I want them to have a home to call home. Not just this or that place that we lived in. I want the neighborhood. The sense of belonging somewhere.

So, insure your homes.

1 comment:

mbenoit268 said...

I would just like to comment on this. Myrl4meee:), I totally agree with you on the homeowners insurance. I personally am paying a mortgage to a company that mandates you carry HO insurance and to make it easier on the customer they pay my insurance at the beginning of the year and it is added to an escow account and that is added to my monthly payment. I just felt that I wanted to make a comment regarding insurance on your car and home. We must remember that other coverage with most insurance is that this covers you in the event there is some sort of accident. i.e, someone is walking up the steps to my home and for some reason they slip and fall and are injured due to with my steps possibly giving way (they are made of wood). This is also covered by HO inusrance. It is also the same with liability on an auto. If you have an accident due to your negligence, the other person would be covered. I think this is good because if there is no coverage, the person that was involved can come after you and your property. I also would like to say that the person that made the comment about being covered was very cynical and quite mean.
mbenoit268