Sunday, August 16, 2009

Work

I survived my first week without Bob and Sandy. Well, it hasn't really been a week, because I was there on Tuesday. I really miss them. I just love them so much. I especially miss Sandy. She was a sweetheart on most days and I felt like she needed me more. Don't get me wrong. She could turn on ya in a second, but it didn't take long for her to love me again. I am hoping they don't decide to stay in the nursing home. I do want what is best for them.
I have visited two new sets of clients. One couple, I was only there for two hours decided we weren't a good match. All because I made crappy pancakes! haha. This other couple, who I spent 26 hours with in three days seem pretty cool. The wife is the one who needs us. I really got the impression that she was afraid of me. So, I just tried to stay out of her face as much as I could. We went out to eat three times in the three days. Twice today. The places were a little more down to earth compared to where my other clients used to go. I am guessing that I will be going back there unless I hear different. The husband told me if I had known his wife when she was young and normal that I would love her. What he doesn't understand is that I love them just the way they are now. But I do understand what he means. I feel bad for him when she tells him he isn't her husband. That has got to hurt. Out of both these couples, one thing struck me as odd. They sat in recliners and couldnt easily hold hands or cuddle. Bob and Sandy were always holding hands and being together. I made Tad promise me that we won't have recliners, because I want to hold hands. I am loving Tad more and more these days. I have to be able to cuddle.

No comments: