Monday, September 21, 2009

In the last couple weeks, I had just got that loving feeling back for my job. I have got past the depression of missing Bob and Sandy and have moved on. I felt like I was doing good for my new clients and was enjoying working again. I was/am putting up with all kids of crazy hours. Sometimes, I have been at work by 8 am and sometimes not there till 1 30 pm or yet even working 10pm to 8 am. I have been trying to be willing to bend over backwards for them, but I can only do so much.
My client that is on hospice moved to the next level of care. I can't take care of her anymore. No one in my company can, because we can't give meds if they are not with it enough to drug themselves. So, now I have lost 25 hours this week. I only ask for one day off that I can't work and that's the day they can offer me. Or I can take a 12 hour third shift, but then only get to sleep two hours before I work a long day that takes a hour of driving there and back. I won't kill myself and others for this job.
I have been dealing with only mostly working outside of Rockford.I guess when old people here get sick, the kids are just throwing their parents in nursing homes, because most of the people that I have seen are from out of town. I am trying to enjoy the drive and listening to music, but at what point do I say enough is enough. When a 10 hour day takes up 12 hours of my day, I feel that it's time to say no further.
Tad and I went on another road trip and I met a new friend. He was cute. I might post a picture later. Don't get jealous cause you didn't meet new friends.

No comments: