Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

I had a pretty good Mother's Day. William brought me over some flowers and they are so pretty!! I took a picture with my cell phone camera so it's not the best picture but I will post them anyways. I spent the day with Tad, William, Tyler and Amiah.

The boys and I went to the church where I babysit at and at first there was just one child and the Mom said we would make his day if we went outside. So, William, Tyler and myself and also the volunteer and her daughter all went on a nature walk to babysit this one child. It was an enjoyable time.

Then, another Mom wanted to drop off her child and we all went back to the nursery and played. When we got home Tad went to the store and Amiah and I made her Mommy a Mother's Day gift. I should have taken a picture but I didn't. Amiah put her prints on the flower pot and almost ate paint. I guess they make it non-toxic for a reason. We all went to a park and had a cookout. It was a nice time out in fresh air, good company and yummy food.

I would be lying if I said I am not a little sad because Ashley hasn't text me or wrote me on facebook to say Happy Mother's Day. I know I didn't raise her but it would have still been nice to be thought of. Although, just because she didn't write me doesn't mean she hasn't thought of me. One, can dream, right?  I did hear from 4 out of the 5 kids between Tad and myself so I need to focus on the good.

I talked to Pam today. Pam is the person who fills the Mom role in my life. I know that may sound harsh since my Mom is alive but it's the reality of how we just don't have an relationship. We have kind of adopted each other.

I also put together small pots of flowers for the MELD Mom's that I see on Monday night. Tyler helped me pick them out and help put some of them in the pots. I hope they like them. I figure that most of the times the kids get spoiled and I wanted to honor the Mom's because I admire they're strength and courage in carrying a pregnancy to term when they are young and working at being a good Mom and making a life for themselves and their child.   
I will post pictures of them tomorrow.  



You can't see them real well but the red flowers are roses!

No comments: