Sunday, July 17, 2011

I had a busy week at work. My company signed up a new client and I picked up an extra 12 hours. So, I went from working my 20 hours to 32 hours. It will be about an extra hundred bucks for the week and that is needed because Tad isn't working and everything is so expensive.

Since, I worked Tuesday night, which is my Y night I had to go at other times. I went on Thursday and Saturday I left for work a few hours early so I could go to the Y. I worked out on the elliptical and then I did some laps in the pool. After swimming, I rested out in the sun on the deck.

I knew I would be hungry so I made me a sandwich and brought a soda in Tyler's lunch box and I sat down on a bench and ate while looking at the river. It was so nice. It makes me want to have a picnic with my kids. I almost didn't sit there because it would take me the extra few minutes to get to the bench and I didn't want to be late for work. But I decided to just go for it and risk being late. I wasn't late though.

Today, I babysat at the church like always and I been thinking about taking Amiah with me sometime. I think she would love all the toys and there are other kids there to play with.

After babysitting, I went to the goodwill and bought a few things for one of the children that I babysit at MELD. He has been coming every since he was a newborn. He is about 10 months now. He is very sweet. Well, anyways, I noticed that he seems to need some clothes.

When I got home from babystting, I fed Amiah some lunch and then we played with some playdoh. We made hot dogs and we pretended to eat them. At first. Amiah really wanted to eat it but then I actually seen her pretending to eat it. She didn't really want to sit down and play with it but it's the rules with playdoh.

I love being a Grandma. It's kind of funny when I tell people that I have a grand-daughter because I don't look like I am old enough to be one. So, I have to explain that my husband is older than me and had children from that marriage so I have step children. I just don't like the word step though. It feels so cinderella.  lol  

No comments: