Friday, September 30, 2011

retreat

I leave on my retreat tonight. I am excited and scared at the same time. I won't know anyone. It's for Mom's with children with special needs so we all should have a lot in common. It's being put on with the help of Easter Seals so it could be more Mom's with children with mental conditions like autism or other developmental problems but  I would be wrong. We used to live at Easter Seals for therapy but they sort of kick you out after the child is three. They do have things here and there but it still feels like your on your own.

I suppose they kick you because the school is suppose to take over with the therapy and stuff but don't get me started there. Will someone tell me why Tyler graduated from speech as soon as middle school started but there are times he still stumbles over words?

I suppose I should be grateful for how far he has come and I am. I am so proud of him.  Well, I have to get a few things to bring with me. 

No comments: