Monday, September 26, 2011

Tonight, I worked up the nerve to ask my daughter if it would be okay to call her from time to time. See, I connected with her on a social network thing and so we kind of skipped the phone call stuff that might have happened if I found her the old fashioned way.


She wrote back and said that it would be okay to call her. Can you imagine fretting over if it was okay to call your own child? To fear she would say what for? Or she might say why would I want to talk to you? It's what adoption does to a mother. It tears in self esteem down. It makes her feel less worthy than other Mother's. It just plain sucks.

I decided to just ask cause I want more. I want to really know my daughter. I don't just want to be a "friend" on the site. l. It's a huge relief that she said yes.  Now, the question is can I talk freely without tripping over my words and putting my foot in my mouth.

No comments: