Thursday, October 29, 2009

ranting about work

My company has a policy that if they give you time that is within your availability. They still own you for that time. If you know that after you see your hours that you don't want to be called then you have to say block me for whatever time and day. 

Monday, they call me at 11 pm and want me somewhere at 7 am. I said no, because I have Will here and have to drive him to school. She says did you block for the day? I said no, because I just don't think like that. I forget. Plus they don't own me right. I am not getting paid while they hope to call me in. Most days they don't. So I am pissed and plus I am not available to 8 am and tell them that on a machine. Then the next morning, i call and say block me for all the hours I am not aready working. However, with about 12 hour notices I can work. But I need to be able to say yes or no. 

They call me the next day. Can you work an overnight? This was enough notice, but hello I don't block you call. I block you call. So I do the overnight. I am sleeping and my phone rings. It's my job. Why aren't you sleeping? Hello!! because you called me.  She said, I was just going to leave a message can you work 8 am to 11 am before your second shift client. Sure.. I can do it. 

Today, I am on my way to work. Work calls and says how are you doing? I said, ok and thought she was going to tell me that the client died. She is on hospice.  She said, we have a situation. can you pull double at such and such house. Hello!! I am on the way to another clients house! They are nuts I tell you. Just plain nuts! I wonder what will be next? Oh well!! 

No comments: