Monday, July 5, 2010

Today, Tyler and I went to the Y. I walked a little and then we went swimming. Normally, I use the special needs locker room, because I hadn't yet had confidence in that he could go in the boys locker room all own his own. It hasn't been fun trying to take turns showing with a boy. So, when Will has been along, I have had him make him do more and more on his own. So, today, was the first day that I sent him on his own.
We had fun swimming and even went into the lap pool. I didn't think I could leave him alone, but since he is 7 and up and can swim. I am able to let him swim on his own. Then, I lied out in the sun for a few minutes. It wasn't too hot then though. I really enjoy being able to go swimming as much as we like. I really been taking full advantage of the pool since it reopened. I guess the closing, in a way, was a good thing. I still really miss the hot tub though. I wished I was able to find another gym with one, but the Y has so much for Tyler and it took a year to get him ready for hanging out on his own. It's not that I don't want to hang with him, but it's nice that at times I can get sometime on my own.
Tonight, we were suppose to go babysit for Meld, but the church was all locked up. All the Mom's and babies and Meld workers showed but we couldn't get in. I didn't feel like going right in so we went back to the Y. We walked around outside for a few and then went inside and goofed around on the wii. I am really enjoying the wii and we even bought another game. The video store is going out of business and has games on sale. I think I am so new to the wii that the cheap games for dorks are fun for me. So, far, I haven't paid more than ten dollars for a game.
Well, enough for now. I hope everyone had a great day. I didn't do much. I went to my friends Rachel's for a cookout. I "cried" most of the time, because my contacts made my eyes burn. She took me home to get my glasses and then I was fine. The three margritas didn't hurt any. hmmmmm good. Then, I spent the night with my boring husband. The kids were with their Dad so no real reason to see the fireworks.

No comments: