Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas is past on by

Christmas wasn't as exciting as most years. I was bummed out by the thought that I had to work Christmas morning, because the kids and I Dad's divorced, I am used to not having them the whole holiday. I am not used to having to run out so early.

I picked Will up for Christmas Eve, we planned on doing most our Christmas stuff on the eve, because I had to work. We didn't do the presents on Christmas eve, because that goes against all the past years.

We made a Christmas tree cake, and just mostly hung out. I wasn't feeling the best. Will wanted to go to Kmart to buy Tyler a present, because didn't have any money. I think he is old enough to buy gifts for his brother with his own money. He gets money here and there. So he has to pay me back. While we were shopping, I bought a frame to hang a picture of Ashley on the wall. For those who don't know me. Ashley is my daughter, but not my family. She is biologically a sister to my boys, but just a name and a face to them right now. We added her picture to the wall of kids. She is the oldest by birth of my three kids, but Will is the oldest of my parented kids. I feel that not displaying her picture is just adding to keeping everything in the silence. I don't think I have to be ashamed of her, or should other adoptee's be kept in hiding.

We had a pretty good Christmas Eve dinner, if you don't mind burned ham and gooey mashed potatoes. It was still good though. The most important thing is that we had our family. It was just the four us, and our two dogs, four cats, our bunny and gerbil.
My Dad and his wife came by for a visit, and brought the kids a couple of presents. Tad's mom sent both kids a little gift. Will got a McDonald's gift card, and Tyler got a little stuffed mail man.



Christmas morning we opened presents. Tad and I didn't give each other gifts. I think that's most for kids. Santa brought Will a skateboard kit, where he can build two real skateboards. Tyler got a really cool art supply set with a nice wooden case. I bought them several other things. I love to buy my kids Christmas presents. I don't spend money on them for extra's stuff too much.
I was a little upset, because I had to run out, for work, so soon.
Here is a little video of one of the presents I got Tyler. I will let you know if they work as they say do.

No comments: