Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I didn't have to work today. They called and canceled my shift. I didn't ask why but I am guessing that the man died. I know it's selfish of me but I didn't want to go. I don't think I have enough experience with the final stages of care, because most of my work has just been cooking, cleaning, and hanging out. Also, I just have a fear of someone passing away while I am there. It creates a lot of anxiety in me and also I think how sad it would be for a person to die while a caregiver (stranger) holds their hand. I am just too much of an emotional person to just carry on with my day and go back to work the next day. It's not like my company would pay me to stay home because it's all about the bottom line. I don't personally blame them. Isn't that what most companies do? Money first, then people. If you just look at how long people go to jail for hurting people compared to robbing a bank. It's true.

No comments: