Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Work and other stuff

I am at work for another 24 hour shift. I am so tired of doing these live-ins. I can't complain about the amount of work that I do there. It's no more work than if I was working a 8 to 12 hour shift taking care of the elderly. In a way it less, because they get used to you, and want you to sit down and watch that movie. The last one was October sky. I don't know why, but I felt like crying after it was over. It was such a good movie. I was trying to do my reading, but Bob* pressured me into watching the movie. I am spending hours on the internet, and can do school work, and talk on the phone. It's the perfect job, but I miss my family.
I don't have enough time on the days I am home to do what I feel I want or need to do. I only get 4 days a week with my family, and if you count the days Tyler is with Bill, and Will is with Bill that is even less. Then of course Tad has to work. School is getting to be more time consuming. I did get some postive feedback yesterday. But what I really want or need to do is
Go to the ymca and have fun with kids
Go to the ymca and work out
Walk Ann, and pay attention to all the other animals
Pay attention to my guy (opps Ann came first)
I want to get my head on streight
I need to do more cleaning around the house
I would love to visit with my family more
Also see and talk more to my friend, Rachel.
I want to help kids with homework, and play games
I want to not feel so broke. What am I working for? It seems like nothing.
I want a normal job where I have 7 days a week to spread out family time and all the other stuff, instead of just four days.
Last summer, I really thought at least one of my clients would die before the winter arrived. Well winter is almost here, and both are still kicking. Bob isn't doing too well, but as soon as I think he is a goner then he fights a little more and is a little stronger. There love for each other is fucking amazing. They just love each other so much, and kiss and hug like teenagers. I am not ready to walk away yet, but when one dies the other one will probably follow and then I can get a real job. I don't have a clue what I want to be when I grow up? Do I want to continue working around old people? Not sure. I can't make any real money, but if I got paid bonus for the hugs and kisses then the job would pay. Do I want to go into social services, and provide assistance to young pregnant girls so they can decide to parent or place for adoption. I don't know if I could keep my thoughts about adoption out of the process. So I might not last long if I work for a agency. If women don't place they don't make any money. The adoption agency's are today's black market baby snatching. Enough about that. I want to go home. The silence here or the loud TV is driving me crazy!
Most people would probably be jealous to have my job. You had to do what?? Watch a movie?? But don't forget, I got to push old people to do things like change their depends, take a shower, change depends. Not this old lady though, she changes them herself. I got to watch her mind slowly fall apart. Just a little while ago, she was talking about herself in the 3rd person. How weird. I got to watch his health fail. His talking about he can't hold on much longer. Him telling me how he has to either have a severe back ache, or live with a stomach ache. I get to watch him fight to keep his independence. He wants his son to take care some of the issues like, medications, and running him to the dr, that I can't do. But he doesn't want to lose that fight. He don't want to burden him. He is saying god dammit. I can do it! He did seem to give up driving! Are you still jealous? Because if you are. I can give ya my job, but you can give me your paycheck!!!!! hahahahahaha It's not gonna get ya very far so ya might as well give it to me. I know I just rambled on and one, and I don't care for the moment about comma places lol. Bye all.

No comments: