Wednesday, November 5, 2008

2 years

This month marks my two year anniversary as a caregiver for the elderly. I have been with the same clients for about a year and half. In the last year and half on a occasion I have went to another clients home, but mostly I just do my live-in shifts with who I call Bob and Sandy. They are both doing well for their age. They are pushing 98 years of age. They just voted in what I would think is going to be their last presidental election. They lived long enough to see a black voted into office. What a life!! I have seen a lot of clients die. Not personally, but one day they are my client, and the next day they are dead. It kind of sucks.
A lot has happened in the last two years. 2 years ago this month, I was in the final process of my divorce from my first husband. I bought a house and a new/used car. None of that could I have done if my new husband wasn't helping me. Also I got married to my new husband. I now have two step kids. I don't know what role a step parent really does. In the movies, she is the bitch, and the step kids would be cleaning the floor over and over. lol. I think that only happens on Cinderella. The step kids get treated bad and the "real" kids to the Mom can do no wrong. My step kids have never lived with me so it's not any one's fault that their really isn't a step parent/step kid relationship.It's not that I don't care for them. They are great. I grew up in a split home and they aren't really missing anything. That may sound cruel for Tad, but I was a teenager, and it wasn't fun. They live in a split home and my husband is a Step Dad. He is helping raising them and has the role of a parent. Even Will and Tyler have the different relationship with the same step parent. Tyler is more accepting, because he is young. Will on the other hand, is a teenager and hasn't been as a accepting. The rules are different and Dad, and Tad are very different. Also maybe teenagers feel as if they accept the new role, then they are accepting of their parents split. It don't help if "Dad" doesn't like "Tad" , Because now if we like Tad, we are betraying Dad.
Also lately my mind is on overdrive. Is their a pill or a drug to cure it? I am struggling with my feelings of grief and sorrow over missing out on being a mother to the daughter, I was forced to place for adoption. I can't get better, because I can't accept that it was the right thing to do. I was grown enough to take care of my brother and sister, and I don't mean the once in a great while thing. I mean I remember a summer where my break from them was going for a salad and a drink to get away from them. Mom was gone that much. I mean getting left with food stamps and buying junk food, because their wasn't a parent around to take care of us. I was the parent. Ashley will be coming of age next year and I suppose that has sent me into a panic. Well the rest is for my other blog. Also this year Will has went to go live with his Dad. He thinks the grass is greener on the other side. His Dad thought Will's bad grades were do to my parenting and the school. Well Will still has bad grades. I guess he needs a kick in the ass!! It didn't work buddy.
In the past two years we have lost Tigger, Little Dogi, Silver moved to the neighbors. We have added Ann, Sammy, Marty, and Snacky, but I prefer calling him Tiger. Also my sister and three pets for a while. Oh and I forgot we added two gerbils named Amy and Fuzzy. We have a lot of black animals, such as three cats, three dogs and Fuzzy.
Also Tyler and Will started new schools. For privacy reasons I won't put that down. Will is a 8th grader and Tyler is a 3rd grader. Will is your typical know it all teenager and Tyler is sweet and innocent. He does no wrong!! hahaha We live in a neighborhood full of girls. There are some cute,pretty little girls and Tyler is their friend. I wonder if one of them will be his first crush. Well this is long enough and I am going to go have lunch with Tyler. He still loves his Mommy to come to the school. Bye all

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weren't you living in a motel room that summer, and your mother working 2-3 jobs to support 4 kids. and to move you out of the motel, don't you think that she probably felt bad too, for not being able to be there and having her kids live in a motel. She didn't have anybody to help her or let her move with them until she could get on her feet. at least she was trying. having kids means making mistakes and you do what you think is best for them. There is no owners manual. If both of your teenage daughters get pregnant please turn to page 19 for the right thing to do.

mygrl said...

I don't recall ever saying that we lived in a motel room on here. Also My mother kicked my sister out, so there was only three kids left to support. If the only time my Mother left us in total charge of the younger kids was this few months in the motel room, then maybe I would have better understanding. However, that wasn't the case, but because people do make mistakes. I am not going to go into any more details on how much I had to take care of them. All I can do is learn from her mistakes. Lastly I just want to add that I don't hold any bad feelings for my sisters and brother, and that while I am angry with my mom, she is the only Mom I have.

Anonymous said...

anonymous must have been there