Thursday, June 24, 2010

Last night, I started volunteering for Meld again. There was a three week break and I admit that it was nice. There is a new volunteer working with me and so far, I think she is a little weird. She told a sob story about being pregnant at 30 and understanding where these girls are coming from. I don't think someone pregnant at 30 compares to the 14 to 21 crowd. I want to tell her to shut up. I had my three kids before I was 30 and while it's not her fault but still shut up. Then, she keeps talking about starting over. I said, what do you mean, starting over, your child is grown? She is talking about a grandson. Unless, you are raising your grandchild then you are not starting over. A new adventure, maybe? Hello.... the person is starting a new life is the parents of the baby.. There is no start overs. I will never be Ashley's Mom. Her friend, maybe.. but her Mom. No. So, shut up, lady.
I am all for grandparents wanting to visit and see their grandchildren, but they are your grandchildren. They are not your child. I know some grandparents who want to be overly involved. I am not talking about visiting here and there, but the ones who really try to step in and give way too much advice and allow their children to always drop their children off so they can do what they do. I know my ex mother n law did this with her daughter. She allowed her daughter to walk out on her children, because her children were her life and when they were grown they needed an replacement. So, lady, your not starting over. Quit, trying to compare yourself to young girls who are Mom's young.
Then, she acts like she didn't know what to do because the baby made a baby noise. What do I do? Um... play with him. That is a happy noise. Mom's know their kids best but I do know a happy noise when I hear one. Then, she asked about gloves.. she is afraid of getting hiv from the babies. Weird. I never thought that a little baby would infect me. Should I be worried. What a nut. It should be an interesting ten weeks.

No comments: