Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Next Friday, I won't get paid. It's finally hitting home that I am without a job. I am officially still employed at Comfort Keepers but without a paycheck, it's not really a job. I went in there to change my availability around and I told them that I had five in my account and a house payment that is a month behind and zero hours. I said, "tell me what hours would get me hours and they couldn't say. I have a way with being an ass without being a total ass. I asked if I have done anything wrong and they said no, that they lost a lot of clients. It really ticks me off because if they don't give me hours and it's within my availability, I am considered on call without pay. Sometimes, I feel like they own me and they said no that the clients own us. Hello.. I am sitting without pay. And your here in this office with hours.
I am not the kind of person that just sits at home. Maybe once or twice a week, I can deal with not going anywhere but I like to get up and go. Now, I feel that I can't get up and go because I don't have money. It's not fair to have Tad giving me money so I can go have a good time. But what makes it hard is that emotionally, I am a lot better dealing with life if I don't just sit at home.
Tonight, I using some guest passes so my brother and sister can come swimming with me at the Ymca. After, tonight, I guess, I am going to have to be stuck. It always seems that I am broke around the summer time.
I have applied for unemployment and got a letter on when I call in. The amount I am going to get is gonna be about what I was making at my job. So, in the end, it should work out but getting there will suck. I don't call in for another week and then who knows how long it takes to get a check. This really sucks. In one way, I would be happy with getting hours again and working, but in another way, unemployment would be more reliable than my company.

No comments: