Sunday, December 5, 2010

I have to get ready to go to the church and babysit the kids while their Mom's and Dad's are in church. Lately, it's only been one or two kids there. It's so easy compared to watching the Meld kids because there has been 6 to 7 kids and that it a bit much for two people. So, sometimes, I have to call the driver to come back and help. It's his job to do that if we need him. I have been having two to three babies under the age of six months and it's hard.
I have raised 105 dollars and this week, I am going to request the money from paypal and start my shopping for the children. My biggest issue is that sometimes the kids change from week to week. So, not sure if I should just label the presents according to the age and boy or girl. Then, let Meld hand out the gifts.
I am using half the money for gifts and the other half on baby items. I don't know if I will go with a bunch of small items or get something big. I suppose either way it helps someone, right?
If anyone wants to still donate it's kind of the last call for Christmas. No pressure though. I am satisfied with the amount that was raised through blogging. But I do love to shop for baby items.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I think that's incredible that you're raising money for the children! Such a nice thing to do!

birthmothertalks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mygrl said...

Thanks. I really didn't expect to raise as much as I did. It's been a nice experience to see that people are willing to give to others in need.