Monday, March 23, 2009

I wrote a post about adoption. I don't want anyone to think that I am Anti adoption. Sometimes it has to happen, but I think it happens way too often. It happens more than it needs to. Parents are not teaching their children about sex and birth control. I am even guilty of that. I have yet to really sit down and tell my older son about the ins and outs of sex and how not to make a baby. I guess at 14 years old I still see so much of a child in him. So that is something I need to work on so there isn't a grand baby for a long time yet.
I wrote about how adoption isn't really moral because of the dollars. I don't want anyone thinking that the women who place children are getting money. If they get anything most of the time it's the hospital bills paid and we all know that no hospital is going to hold your baby hostage if you don't pay the bill. So I don't want anyone thinking that when people place children for adoption that they are selling their babies. The people who are making the profit are the adoption agencies and the lawyers. That's why I really don't think adoption is moral. I am not saying that every person who places a child for adoption is being forced by parents, but the people who are doing the educating on what your choices are is the ones who make the profit.
I really don't mean any disrespect when I say adopted parents are buying the children. I just have a hard time calling it anything else. Especially when the race of the child could cost you more money. I think adoption can be a wonderful thing when children need homes. However, I don't feel like it should cost so much money. If a couple can't have children and they want to adopt they have to have quite a bit of money. They have to decide how many children to adopt based on their wallet. Sure when it comes to having kids you have to consider that too. You just can't keep having tons of kids if your broke. But then again you don't have to pay a huge down payment just to have a kid. You get to pay over time.
It also really bugs me when I see fund raisers for an adoption fund. What about fund raisers to keep Mommies and babies together? Oh and the huge tax credit people get when they adopt really bugs me too. It's just plain and simple. Adoptions cost money and it's a business. The dollars need to come out of adoption. Then lets see how many agencies and lawyers are still going to be in that business.

No comments: