Sunday, January 4, 2009



Tyler was long overdue for a hair cut. Here is his before and after pictures.

I am kind of after a little advice here. As most people know Will and Tyler live apart now. They see each every weekend, and then some here and there. 9 out of 10 times if he sees Will more it's because I make the effort to see Will. Will wishes were to live with Bill. So here is where I want advice. For both kids, I gave them a gift card. Will got one for the movies. (Bill and him went while Tyler was home with me) That was okay with me, I didn't give the gift card to demand how he used it. Tyler received a evening out at Chucky Cheese for some pizza, games and fun. Now do I go get Will? I am sure Tyler will have fun either way. I want to go during the week, so it won't be so busy. So if I wait till Will is home from school, it will be kind of a late night on a school night. I feel guilty when I don't run and include Will in the stuff we do, but I feel like he made his choice, and if Bill isn't running to get Tyler then it's not in Tyler's best interest to run for Will. I know that doesn't sound right, because that is punishing Will, because of Bill's actions, or lack of actions. But is it really a punishment? He made it very clear that he wanted to live with his Dad. I consider it more of a lesson... you can't have your cake and eat it too.
I am not mad at Will because he chose his Dad's place over ours. We can't compete with the lack of rules, and allowing video games and staying up all hours of the night. Also Will knows if he lives with his Dad, I will still call and make a effort to see him, where his Dad only existed as a every other weekend Dad. You can't be a parent every other weekend. So I believe Will chose Dad's house overall, because otherwise his Dad was not gonna be in life his life. No phone calls, very little adventures outside of the weekend, and so William chose the household with the least amount of rules. Sounds like a good life for a teenager, but when he is older he will see the difference. So I believe he chose the worst of two different lifestyles. . Divorce sucks!! Not because I am apart from someone I once loved, and we know each other better than most people, but the children are the innocent ones.

No comments: