Wednesday, January 7, 2009

We all have been taking turns being sick. It came on quick with upset stomach, then throwing up, and going from being hot to cold in a matter of minutes, and don't forget the headache. Saturday I pretty much ignored my kids all day, and had to call in for my Sunday shift. It was the first day that I have missed since I started working the 24 hour shifts. I could have made it, but I didn't want to take the chance with my clients.
So on Sunday morning, Will always goes to church with his Dad and then home. He decides since I am staying home that he could stay home, and we could play sorry. Hello I am sick from work... not playing lying just for a day off. Did I mention the painful legs and back? So Will went with his Dad to church and I stayed home. It wasn't until much later that I was feeling almost back to normal. So I played a game of Sorry with Tyler, and the next day we played a game of trouble. He won both games.
I am bummed out because I got a problem. Tyler is growing up. He is a cute, sweet, adorable kid right now. He thinks of others, and wants to please his Mommy. He isn't afraid to kiss him Mommy around other people, but someday he will grow up. There is just something about the innocence of a young child that you can't pay for. They still believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa, and the tooth fairy. The day will come when he will tell me that he understands that the Tooth fairy has to wait to payday, and the magic is gone. The excitement in the child's voice and sparkle in their eyes are gone. Then the Mommy's are screaming inside, because they want their baby back. Someone took their baby and gave them this kid, who is still cute, but not as eager to please and their isn't anymore magic. I don't know if this made any sense or not, but oh well.

1 comment:

Jen said...

It made alot of sense. I know I don't have any kids right now but I try to remember that you have to focus on the "now" and not the future, or else there won't be any memories and life goes so much faster than it should. I dunno if that helps or not, it probably doesn't make it go away but it makes me kinda feel better and maybe will help a lil...