Monday, April 19, 2010

This week, was my fourth week babysitting for Meld. I really enjoy it. It's mostly the same kids, but it has changed up a little. It's mostly boys, but today there was two little girls. One little girl kept grabbing a hold of the other girl and pinching her. She would cry and kept saying baby. It was sad.
It's taken me a little time to feel more at ease with the kids and I suppose the kids with me. I played peek a boo and it's fun to remember the silly games that I played with my kids. It also shocks me a little when I remember signs like ball, eat, fall down and other words. It's weird how the memory works and it makes me so happy that my son who didn't talk until he was five can't stop talking now.
Next week, there is a dinner for those who volunteer. I might bring my son's and my friend Rachel. Then, more fun with the babies. I am pretty sure that I will sign up for another ten weeks when this ends, because I like being around the little ones. I love how they use the baby talk and make all those cute noises when they are excited.

No comments: