Monday, April 26, 2010

Tonight, Meld held a dinner for Volunteers to show their appreciation. I got to eat some pizza for free and got a few small things. I paid for Will and Tyler to eat, because I want to expose this to volunteering and it makes me feel good to make them a part of something that I enjoy. They seem to enjoy going.
After, the dinner, we went to the day care room to watch the children. At first, only one child was there. I was actually impressed. All the other Mom's attempted to hang out with their kids during the presentations. Then, one by one, they brought them in.
There is this one little girl. I will call her Ella on my blog. I think she might make an appearance again. She is a beautiful little girl. She likes to be held a lot. I took on that job. I just loved it. I almost felt guilty for not helping out enough with the other kids, but she was so sweet. I already got it in my mind to want to buy her clothes and toys when my money allows it. I probably will resist, because I don't want the Mom to feel like I am giving her a hand out. I know the babysitting is to help the Mom's and by taking care of their babies that is what I am doing, but I feel like I am the lucky one. They don't even know me and trust that Meld only allows people that they can trust to volunteer. It warms my heart just spending a little time holding her close to me. She get mumbling. mmnnn mmmnnn. It reminded me of cookie monster eating cookies. mmnnnnn
I probably will get into buying the children things, but can't really just choose Ella to get them. I will support Meld and let them decide how to pass the items out. I think that might be the best thing. I am so happy that I have found this program to help. I am done having children and don't really desire starting over. (not that I can if I want to) but it's nice to play then send them on home with their Mommies.

No comments: