Monday, May 26, 2008

I am at work yesterday doing the dishes, and I hear Bob* say something to his wife, and I think Damn I am going to miss these guys when they leave this earth. Sometimes it makes me want to cry thinking about it. Or cry when I see her mental health go down the tube. But I tell myself to keep strong and keep on taking care of them.
Then at night when I am hanging out in the hallway, because Sandy is in the bathroom, he comes up to me. He gives me a hug, and says "I love you, your a great lady" I told him that I love him too, and that I enjoy coming to see them. On my birthday May 30th, I have been with them for a year. He talks about his kids and grandkids quite a bit. I missed having that kind of relationship with grandparents. I take care of them, but I also get lectured and try not to let him see me drinking tons of soda, so maybe in a way. I got foster grandparents.

Today is Memorial Day. There are many people are died for their country, and today we think of them. But we should think of them more often, because they gave us freedom. Rest in peace veterans lost to the wars. Lets love not fight.

* when I mention my clients name, they are fake names to protect their privacy. Bye for now.

No comments: