Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Teen age years are not the best years to parent. It's no wonder anyone is living to speak of their teenage days. I have made Tyler promise he won't grow up to be a grumpy teenager. If my math is right, by the time Will is grown and on his own, Tyler will be a teenager. That's not good.
Well got to get ready for work, working with the elderly doesn't get too boring, between the hunting for items they lost, the loud tv, the waiting on them hand and foot, and the cleaning, and the mood swings, it doesn't get too dull.
Then you got the comments that you think are funny, but then realize they aren't joking. In the morning one recent day, she said. " Are you still my husband?" I kind of laughed, and then he asked me what she said, because they can't hear very well. I repeated it but then I noticed she wasn't joking. Opps I shouldn't have laughed. Then there is the time when I am in the kitchen and he turns the sound down, and tells her. " I wish we could talk more, neither one of us can hear each other." I can talk to him or her, and they can hear me, they just can't seem to hear each other. It's sad to think of not being able to have a conversation with your spouse. But then again maybe, that's not such a bad thing after all.

The best part of my job is that at night, I get a hug and kiss from him and a kiss from her. They treat me like family. Live in care has really been a experience but I am not sure, I want to get another client after they die. Well got to run.

No comments: