Friday, February 5, 2010

Remember how I used to talk about Bob and Sandy. I used fake names for privacy reasons. I don't remember if I blogged how Bob has died. Sandy is going to be 99 this month and this past Sunday, I decided I was going to go visit her even though it's hard on me. Well, Sandy has been moved to Arizona where her son's live. I am sorry that I didn't get to see her one more time, but at least she is near her sons.
I got to thinking how even though, I have been with the same clients for about three or four months now that I don't talk about them here or too much at all. I like them, but it's not the same. We have some good times and we all have our moments where we use humor to make the time a little better. However, I won't allow myself to get close to them. I like them and I enjoy their company, but I think of them more as a paycheck. I know that sounds bad, but it's true. It doesn't mean that it's all I think about. I am just not allowing myself to care and love them. It's a very comfortable work environment and I get spoiled with lots of dinners out. But it's not the same. I don't think it will ever again. I will never forget the day that Bob was looking at me and I seen the love in his eyes. There was no denying how he felt for me. Or will I forget how I treat Sandy as a queen. If she wanted it, she got it. Even though sometimes I had to pull fast ones because Bob didn't want her having too many sweets. Also she could play a mean game of scrabble even at the age of 98.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They will be missed.