Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sometimes, I feel all alone in this world as if no one gets me. No one understands what it feels like to lose your child to adoption . You can imagine, but until you have walked in my shoes you have no idea.
I was reading a book Called Stories of Adoption by Eric Blau. It has people talking about adoption from all sides of the coin. I have a lot more patient when I am reading someone's words from their own experience. If they have different views or ideas I can accept it more, because they have lived it. It doesn't mean that my views or feelings are wrong though. Or are theirs wrong.
A quote from the book who is an adoptee who searched for his birthmother and only to find her dead. After, I shared my story with someone outside of the adoption triangle, at least nine times out of ten, they will say that is interesting. To which I want to say. It goes way beyond interesting. I am telling you of a secret pain that apparently you have no concept of. It's like two people speaking a different language.
It's as if he stole my words right out of my mouth. So, if your a jerk then shut up. You don't have a clue. And that makes you a lucky person. So, go hug and kiss all of your children, because I can't.

No comments: