Monday, March 29, 2010

I went to my first day of babysitting for Meld. There was two of us to four kids. The youngest was a baby boy about four months or so and the oldest was four. I admit that I was a little surprised by seeing all black kids. The guy who runs the home is black so I hope he is fair in who he chooses to be part of the program. But kids are kids and I had fun.
The babies were the best. There was the little baby and the new walker. I read to him and blew bubbles and got to change his diaper. We did puzzles and coloring and pretend play. And the older boys jumped on my back. It was an hour and half long, but it went by quick. I am not used to people who move so fast, because my clients are slow. But these kids were like lightening. The only thing that I didn't like was the one of the boys used words like dookie and stuff. Ick! I know boys will be boys but I had to tell them that we don't talk that way.

I was hoping to be able to hang out with girls. All, I got was stinking boys. Haha. Only one of the
Mom's said thanks, but that is ok. I did get to see Amiah today for a little while. So, I did get to play with a pretty little girl.

1 comment:

Jen said...

That's awesome Meld went good! Amiah still hasn't made her mommy any presents, it's going to be a beast!lol