Saturday, April 11, 2009

Divorce is happening more and more since it's more socially be accepted these days. It doesn't mean that divorce is easy on the kids. It's also not easy when their parent get married again. Respect is a two way street. I don't think a child whatever their ages are 9, 14, 20, or 25 should hear that their other parent is a pussy, asshole, slut, and just plain always talking shit. If the new step parent is so hot all they have to do is put their best effort into the relationship and if the other parent is truely bad for some reason then they will see that on their own. They don't need the step parent trashing them. Also, just because the step parent as different ideas on raising kids.. it doesn't mean that the other parent is wrong. Respect is a two way street. Yes, the step parent is the adult, but the step parent is the intruder in their life. Also remember, I can call my sister a bitch but you better not. My sister would beat me up, but no one else was allowed. So, I can call my parents a shit, but people shouldn't be calling other parents a shit.

******* edit I am not calling anyone names here. It's just a example on how I feel about others talking bad about their family. I just figure if someones family is good or bad they know it and they don't need others talking bad.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I agree with you. It's very hard to begin with and if you have other people trying to control the way you think than it makes things even harder to deal with. On a plus note, I think you're awesome! :-)