Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I returned to work

My vacation was wonderful!! I think the best part was sleeping in. I was able to spend lots of time with Tyler and a little extra time with Will. I seen Tad a little more than I would have liked. Come on people start ordering some pizzas again. Who cares that Pizza Hut's pizza are overpriced. lol

I had a full ten days of waking and sleeping in my bed. It was just wonderful. I don't think too many people understand what it is like to work a 24 hour shift until you do it or something close. Before my vacation, my job trained this lady to work Monday's and to use her for my vacation. When I trained her she thought shit working 24 hours and what I special treat. Work a day and make your money and run. Well she quickly learned you don't get paid a hourly wage. It actually comes down to less than 4 an hour.

So, she works my days that I am gone. I come back yesterday, I swear she about got on her knees to thank me for coming back. She said I don't know how you do it. I don't have any young kids and it's just me and this is too much. I don't think I want to work this live-in shift anymore. I think I will change my availability to just overnights. She said, at least when your sleepy your in your own home. You can open the window or play music or go for a walk. My company doesn't have a hard time to get people willing to work the live- in arrangement. They have a hard time keeping people willing to keep working it. I kind of agree with her. If I wasn't so committed to Bob and Sandy I would be right behind her. The job is just plain nuts. We have a lot of nervous energy. just waiting for the day a fall is the final fall or when you check on them in the morning they are dead. Both of my clients seen a little worse off than they were ten days ago. However, they tend to bounce between I am almost dead to okay I am feeling better. When Sandy seen me yesterday morning her face lit up like she was a kid on Christmas day.
Sandy* got a massage from a therapist at the cost of 75 per hour. I am in the wrong job. Bob* is asking me what the end is like? Well Bob* I don't know what the end is like, but don't end it on my shift.

Tyler is selling chocolate for his school. I know we all pay property taxes, but he loves doing it. He has sold ten bars already. So people come buy candy from Tyler. We hit Denny's up, we sold to the waitress and Uncle Leo.

No comments: