Wednesday, April 15, 2009

seat belts save lifes

My very good friend Rachel and her family were in a car accident Saturday morning. There were five of them in the car, and three out of the five were hospitalized. The child was let go yesterday. My friend Rachel and her Mom are both in the hospital still. Rachel is mostly okay, except a broken ankle that is being fixed this morning. She is feeling very bad, because she was driving. Her Mom, the one who yelled brace yourself is hurt the most. She is pretty banged up. I believe both will be okay. So a friendly reminder that seat belts and air bags to save lives. However, the two in the front were the ones hurt. So, lets all start driving in the back with the children. Also no bracing yourself for a accident, just keep your eyes closed and you won't get hurt as bad when I crash my car. I visited her in the hospital the night it happened and I was proud of myself I didn't laugh until they gave her meds and poked her and then checked the braclet to see if they had the right person. I felt like saying sleep with one eye open.. these nurses are crazy. Luckily my friend knows me so she didn't mind me laughing at the nurse.
The brand new car was destroyed, but that's ok. They can get a new one, but Rachel and family wouldn't get a reset button if they were destroyed.

Off the subject of my friend Rachel. Tad told me about a dog that needs a home. It's a rot mix he said. I got to give him credit for saying no. The pet lover in me is saying bring him over, but I got to stay strong. One household can only do so much. We can't save them all. I think if we get any more animals we will end up on the news. We will be the crazy people with 30 pets. :)

No comments: