Saturday, April 4, 2009

I need a tool belt

We have been owning our own home for almost two years. We haven't made any changes yet to make it feel like us. I thought about refacing my kitchen cabinets, because they stick. I loved the cherry colored wood. Sears wanted about 4 grand to do the job. After thinking about the 4 grand, I really like my cabinets. I would still love the new ones if I had a rich Daddy lol
We need/want new windows, but Window World won't do any if they can't do all four. I won't even think of attempting to rip out windows and put new ones in. I guess that's why they can run their business that way. So still wanting to do some remodeling and not being a person that has ever done anything like that before. I am going to work on my basement. We have a storage room that is more like a huge fucking junk drawer. So, I am going to refinish my storage room. Step 1 is to get rid of all the junk. Step 2 is to save all the stuff that I just can't part with in some storage bins.
Step 3 is to measure the room and see if I have enough vinal flooring to put it down. Step 4 is to put up some walls. Step 5 is to put up a ceiling. I don't know what reason this room will serve. Maybe it will be some space for Will. Maybe it will be just a place to hang out. Maybe it can become a room to house animals for our petting zoo lol Maybe I will fail and it will be my Fuck up room. But the best part is that this house is ours!!! I can do what I want. I will take a ax to the walls if I want. It's ours!! Okay it's ours and the bank's. But it sure does give someone a good feeling when they can fix or improve something, because it's theirs. This project might take me a while to complete, but it's something that I want to do. Who wants pictures along the way? Well if you do tell Tad to take the camera to be shipped. lol.
Well I got to get ready. My friend Rachel is picking me up and we are going to hang out and talk about girl stuff. Men do you want to know the secret why your not invited on a girl outing? How in the hell are we going to talk about you if your with us?? :)

No comments: