Wednesday, April 8, 2009

homeless and hungry

I did something a little crazy tonight. I went to the Ymca just for the hot tub, because I really needed the relaxation I get from it. I am coming home and on the 6th street exist. A lot of times I see men claiming to be homeless and hungry. You know will work for money. I guess I have just gotten used to it, because I see it often.
Tonight, I seen a young girl. She must have been about my little sisters or my step daughter's age. She was a pretty young lady. It made me very sad. I know it's not right, men and women should equally have food, clothing, shelter and stuff, but a young girl is much harder to swallow.
I want to know where is the family? I am not sure I could ever turn my children away. I didn't stop. I didn't have cash. What was I gonna say... do you accept debit? It's just so sad. I am not sure that I would stop, because I don't trust. What if it's a trick to get someone to help and then they get ya. Either way it just makes me very sad.
I am sad for the girl. I am sad for most common people. Most of the population is just a few pay checks away from homeless. What can we do? I got to ideas to start. We shouldn't use the U scans at Hilander and Walmart. Those machines have taken jobs away. Also, if a company like a cell phone, tv service is working from another country take your money some where else. Our young people are standing on the streets and we are making business rich.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I completely agree with you. I often drive by the people that stand there with their cardboard sign and I truelly feel bad. but then again i dont understand why they dont try to find anything....? even mcondalds? like anything is better than nothing. but then again, with the economy being so bad i dont know if there's even that out there. i hope it gets better. i'm thankful that i have a job. i may hate it some days but at least i have it.