Monday, July 28, 2008

I am a little sad today, about a week ago, a 13 year old boy drowned in the apartment complex that we used to live in. It turns out that the boy was a friend of Will's who had moved away, but came to visit family. The boy Johnny stayed the night with us a few different times. He was a really polite kid. When a little kid dies and you know them, it hits so much closer to home. I can't imagine one day my kid is alive and well, besides being a know it all teenager, to be dead and never to be seen again. It's really sad.
Then today's paper reported, that a eight and nine year old found a gun, and one shot the other, the eight year old was killed. So now we have a eight year old dead, and a nine year old, feeling bad because he killed his friend. Plus some really sad and angry parents. Then lets talk about the idiot who left a loaded gun outside for kids to find.
So I had a talk with Tyler if you ever find a gun, don't touch it, get a grown up for help. I told him there is no reset button. He suggested he could go get a shield, I said no you get a grown up. I should quit reading the paper, too many deaths. :(

No comments: