Monday, July 7, 2008

Yesterday instead of pulling my 24 hour shift, my work had asked me to go work for a client to get him ready for church. Basically give him a bath, and get him dressed. So I had to drive into Belvidere for about a hour shift, but pays a flat rate. I get paid the same if it takes 20 minutes or two hours. I was a little shocked by the fact that they guy didn't look all that old. My guess would be that his age was 60 to 65 years of age. He couldn't walk, only had use of one side of his body, and very little speech.

It's weird how one person can be almost a 100 years old, and still get around with the help of a walker, or the help of a walker and caregiver following behind them for safety reasons. While another person can be 30 or 40 years younger, and be stuck in a bed or wheelchair.

I was proud of myself because I got myself to Belvidere and back without getting too lost, then I had to head to my regular client's home. I was a little late because I take the back ways.

It was a pretty quiet uneventful day. I asked Bob if it would be okay if I took a little walk. It was nice to get out for a while. Later in the evening, Bob gets down on the floor to do his floor exersices. Sandy gets up and wants to get on the floor to. I manage to get her on the floor, but she didn't quite know what to do once she got there. (This isn't something she does normally. ) So to get her to understand, I got on the floor to show her. So all three of us is on the floor, working are arms and legs. She grabs my hand and holds it. That is just priceless, you can't pay for that.

We checked out a day care for Tyler. We finally found one that we both like, there was something about her, that I really liked. They had a big dog, a couple guniea pigs, fish tank and I think a cat. There house wasn't perfectly clean, or did she try to hide the fact. She didn't seem fake either. Tyler loves that fact that she has a pool in her backyard. Well got to go for now.

No comments: