Sunday, August 3, 2008

Multimedia message

This is my little boy Tyler. I am very proud of him. He had a lot of challenges, and kept me very busy. He had a really severe speech problem. When he was three years old, I was taking him to four different therapies a week. I didn't drive, because I was a chicken. Getting to this therapy wasn't easy. When he was five years old, using sign language, and the pecs, known as a picture exchange device to help him, get his needs across. Even with all that, he was on a list to get a device that would speak for him. They weren't sure if he would gain speech. Then all of a sudden, he started improving and hasn't stopped. He talks so much now. Sometimes too much. He still has some room for improvement and needs extra help in school. He is very smart though. He is interested in computers, and science. Real interested in storms, and taking things apart. Hello broken chairs, and bunny cage taken apart. lol Got to love him.
P.S. I learned how to drive in a 9 passenger vehicle and failed on the first try, but got my licence, the day after his 4Th birthday.

No comments: